Out of obscurity : the emergence in Russia of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 2047
Scope and Contents
Browning describes his work as the mission president of the Mormon Church in the Finland, Helsinki East Mission (Jan. 1990-Dec. 1990) and as the first mission president of the Russia Moscow Mission (Feb. 1992-June 1993). Typewritten draft before it was submitted on 4 April 1996 to Deseret Book in Salt Lake City, Utah, for editing. The manuscript is slated for publication early in 1997 as "Russia and the Restored Gospel."
- Browning, Gary (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Out of obscurity : the emergence in Russia of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Professor of Russian at Brigham Young University and mission president for the Mormon Church in Finland and Russia.
4 folders (ca. 350 pages)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Gary Browning.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Russia--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Soviet Union--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Finland--History
- Drafts (Documents)
- Helsinki (Finland) -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Moscow (Russia) -- History
- Register of Out of obscurity : the emergence in Russia of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 21
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.