LDS Chaplains Commission records and correspondence
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 298
Scope and Contents
Handwritten and typewritten correspondence and applications of chaplains for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Many of these items are to and from members of the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles in the Church. Also included are individual chaplain's files which often relate to some of their experiences and activities as chaplains serving in the armed forces of the United States during World War II.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from LDS Chaplains Commission records and correspondence must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
4 boxes (20 linear inches)
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Applications for positions
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Presidents--Correspondence
- Material Types
- Military chaplains -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Military chaplains -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Mormon Church -- Apostles
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Chaplains -- United States
- Register of LDS Chaplains Commission records and correspondence
- Megan Furcini
- 2011 March 21
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.