Vernon Romney papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 1508
Scope and Contents
Holographs, typescripts, printed forms with holograph entries, newspaper clippings, printed materials. Collection includes personal, family and political correspondence, newsclippings regarding political activities, addresses, and documents relating to Romney's activities with the Utah State and American Bar Associations, Beneficial Life Insurance Company, State Savings and Loan Association, the wool marketing industry and the George Washington University Alumni Association.
- Romney, Vernon, 1896-1976 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from [Papers] must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Lawyer, banker, Utah Republican party leader.
18 boxes (9 linear ft.)
Other Finding Aids
Folder-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1508.xml
Vernon Bradford Romney, son of Vernon Romney, Sr., donated the collection to the Harold B. Lee Library in 1983.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Beverly R. Cutler; 1985.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- American Bar Association
- Beneficial Life Insurance Company
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- George Washington University -- Alumni and alumnae--Utah
- Material Types
- Romney (Family : Romney, Mitt)
- Romney, Vernon, 1896-1976 -- Archives
- Savings and loan associations -- Utah
- Utah -- Politics and government
- Utah State Bar
- Wool industry -- Utah
- Register of Vernon Romney papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 11
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Box: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 14 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 15 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 16 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 13 (Mixed Materials)