Jane Thompson life sketch
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 2967
Scope and Contents
Brief reminiscences of important experiences in her life, including singing with the 314th Army Special Service Band, 1945-1947; work with the Program Bureau and in related capacities at BYU, 1952-1984; service on the general board of the Young Women's Mutual Improvement Association of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1954-1970; and other experiences relating to music. Includes several photographic images.
- approximately 1998
- Thompson, Jane, 1921-2013 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Jane Thompson life sketch must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Director of Program Bureau and faculty member at Brigham Young University, 1952-1984. Founded the Young Ambassadors, 1970, and the Lamanite Generation, 1971.
17 Leaves ; 28 cm.
Janie Thompson, the author, delivered her life sketch to University Archives, together with an autobiographical sketch, on 15 January 1999.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Janie Thompson; 1999
LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.V, 2007).
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Brigham Young University -- Choral organizations
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty
- Brigham Young University. Program Bureau
- Lamanite Generation (Musical group)
- United States. Army -- Songs and music
- Young Ambassadors (Musical group)
- Young Women (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
- Register of Jane Thompson life sketch
- Rose Frank
- 2011 February 11
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.