Narrative and photographic images concerning his childhood in Kanab, Utah; attendance at Brigham Young University; living in Hollywood, California; service in the U.S. Navy during World War II; marriage; travels; church service, including a Latter-day Saint mission to Seattle, Washington, 1989-1990; owning and running Grandview Miniature Golf Course in Provo, Utah; and working as accountant at BYU Financial Services. Also contains significant information about his family, including an extensive personal history of his wife, Betty Lou Jean Ellis Adams.
- Adams, John Hortt, 1921- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from XXX must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 item (413 p.)(0.20 linear ft.)
Adams attended Brigham Young University, 1939-1954. He worked as an accountant at BYU, 1960-1986.
Gift of John Hart Adams in 1999.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; John Hart Adams; 1999.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Adams, John Hortt, 1921-
- Brigham Young University -- Students
- Brigham Young University -- Administration
- Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Home and Family
- Kanab (Utah)
- Miniature golf -- Utah -- Provo
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Washington (State)
- Mormons -- Biography
- Social Life and Customs
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Personal narratives
- Regsiter of John Hortt Adams personal history
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 December 17
- Description rules
- Language of description