- Brosnan, Peter (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
2 boxes (1.0 linear ft.)
9 cartons (9 linear ft.)
1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
Edward Sheriff Curtis was born February 16, 1868 in Whitewater, Wisconsin to Asahel Curtis and Ellen Sheriff. He was a photographer who focused mainly on Native Americans. In 1891 he moved to Seattle, Washington, and opened a photography studio with Rasmus Rothi. He was invited by Theodore Roosevelt in 1904 to be the White House photographer. Cecil B. DeMille hired Curtis in 1936 to be a second unit cameraman and photographer for his motion picture plains films. Edward S. Curtis died October 18, 1952 in Whittier, California.
Cecil B. DeMille was born on August 12, 1881 in Ashfield, Massachusetts to Henry Churchill de Mille and Matilda Beatrice Samuel de Mille. DeMille started acting on Broadway in 1900 and by 1913 he joined a film studio partnership which would eventually become Paramount Pictures. DeMille had a long and storied career as a filmmaker and directed several epic films, such as the Ten Commandments (1956). DeMille died on January 21, 1959 in Hollywood, California.
Peter Brosnan was born July 6, 1952. He studied at the film school at New York University. He is known for his most recent documentary, The Lost City of Cecil B. Demille, as well as Perfect Target and Hit List.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Peter Brosnan; May 2017.
Processed; Maddi Stanley; June 2017.
- Brosnan, Peter -- Archives
- Curtis, Edward S., 1868-1952
- DeMille, Cecil B. (Cecil Blount), 1881-1959
- Guadalupe-Nipomo Dunes National Wildlife Refuge (Calif.)
- Lost city of Cecil B. DeMille (Motion picture)
- Media and Communication
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States -- History
- Research (Documents)
- Social Life and Customs
- Ten commandments (Motion picture : 1923)
- Register of Peter Brosnan papers
- Norm Gillespie
- 2010 April 27
- Description rules
- Language of description
- 2017 August 2: Accession and items added; Maddi Stanley; August 2017.
- 2018 March 22: Updated for DACS compliance; Hayley Gorham; March 2018.