Typewritten of official and personal correspondence. The personal correspondence relates to Smith's interest in the Mormon Church. The official correspondence relates to Smith's attempts to get child-abuse legislation passed in the Utah State Legislature.
- Smith, John E. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John E. Smith correspondence must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Mormon and Utah State legislator from Grantsville, Utah.
Donated by John E. Smith in 1985.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; John E. Smith; 1985.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Child abuse -- Law and legislation -- Utah -- History -- Sources
- Child abuse -- Utah -- History -- Sources
- Civil Procedure and Courts
- Grantsville (Utah) -- History
- Legislators -- Utah -- Correspondence
- Material Types
- Mormons -- Utah -- Grantsville -- Correspondence
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Utah -- Politics and government
- Register of John E. Smith correspondence
- Melissa Stephens
- 2010 October 11
- Description rules
- Language of description