Skip to main content

Harold B. Lee Library instrument of gift forms, 2001-2003

 Series — Carton: 73
Identifier: UA 1242 Series 4

Scope and Contents

Materials contains instrument of gift forms from 2001 to 2003. Materials focus on book donations to the Harold B. Lee Library that were made by various personal donors and organizations. Materials also include related forms for the acquistion, material descriptions, and thank-you letters from the library for the donors. Materials date from 2001 to 2003.

Dates

  • 2001-2003

Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 50 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Restriction Policy. Requests to access restricted materials in the University Archives should be submitted to the University Archivist.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from the Reference Services at specialcollections@byu.edu.

Administrative History

From the Collection: The Brigham Young University Library (1925-1961) served as repository for the university collection of printed materials.

The university library was established in the Heber J. Grant building in 1925. The collections outgrew the Heber J. Grant building, necessitating the construction of the J. Reuben Clark Library, which was completed in 1961. Head librarians and directors of libraries were Anna K. Ollorton (1925-1948), Asael C. Lambert (1948-1951), Naomi Rich Earl (1951-1954), and S. Lyman Tyler (1954-1961).

Administrative History

From the Collection: The J. Reuben Clark, Jr. Library (1961-1973) served as the university library at Brigham Young University.

The library was renamed as the Clark Library in 1961, following the construction of a new library building. The library was later renamed as the Harold B. Lee Library in 1973. Library directors included S. Lyman Tyler (1961-1966) and Donald K. Nelson (1966-1973).

Administrative History

From the Collection: The Harold B. Lee Library (founded 1973) is the library on the campus of Brigham Young University, and is responsible for providing students and the community with valuable resources for research, media projects, and personal use.

The Harold B. Lee Library was aligned with Media Services under the Assistant Academic Vice President of Brigham Young University in 1973. In that same year, the J. Reuben Clark, Jr., Library was renamed the Harold B. Lee Library. Internally, the Harold B. Lee Library is managed by the library director, who is aided by an associate university librarian and assistant university librarians, who oversee divisions of the library. Donald K. Nelson continued as Library Director from 1973 to 1980; Sterling J. Albrecht served as director from 1980 to 2002; Randy J. Olsen served as director from 2002 to 2009, and Julene Butler became library director January 1, 2010. The library building was expanded in 1976 and 2000 and continues to provide students and faculty access to scholarly materials.

Extent

1 carton

Language

English