Skip to main content

T. Earl Pardoe trophies, postcards, and photographs, 1930-1970

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 557 Series 9

Scope and Contents note

Contains an ecology book (many photographs), trophies, plaques, postcards, and theatrical production photographs.

Dates

  • Other: 1930-1970

Conditions Governing Access

Open for public research.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the T. Earl Pardoe papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Biographical History

From the Collection: A notable Brigham Young University personality in the fine arts, who added great strength to this college, was T. Earl Pardoe, who came to BYU in 1919 and began a lifelong career building the Department of Public Speaking and Dramatic Arts. In 1953, after 34 years, T. Earl Pardoe was retired from teaching. He was assigned to assist the Alumni Association, a position he held until his death in 1971. Because the phenomenal growth of speech and dramatic arts was built upon the foundation laid by Professor Pardoe and his wife, Kathryn, the large drama theatre of the Harris Fine Arts Center was named in their honor.

Extent

5 boxes

Language

English