Skip to main content

Ezra Taft Benson Agriculture and Food Institute student records, 1982-2005

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 5454 Series 2
Contains materials pertaining to Benson Institute students' theses from 1982 to 2005 in their local Latin American communities. The materials include reports, letters, and theses about various Agricultural projects for bachelors' and masters degrees in Nutrition, Diet, and Animal Husbandry.

Dates

  • 1982-2005

Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 50 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Restriction Policy. Requests to access restricted materials in the University Archives should be submitted to the University Archivist.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ezra Taft Benson Agriculture and Food Institute records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.

Extent

25 folders

15 cartons

Administrative History

The Ezra Taft Benson Agriculture and Food Institute (1977-2008) was an institute at Brigham Young University dedicated to agricultural research in developing countries.

The Ezra Taft Benson Institute was founded in 1977 to raise quality of life through improved nutrition and agricultural practices. To accomplish this, the institute had partnerships with universities in the developing world. In 1987, the institute was placed under the College of Biology and Agriculture and later under the College of Life Sciences. In 2008 the institute was transferred to LDS Charities and renamed the Benson Food Initiative.

Repository Details

Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository

Contact:
1130 HBLL
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States