Skip to main content

Department of Special Courses and Conferences employment records, 1975-1979

 Series — Carton: 10
Identifier: UA 1237 Series 3

Scope and Contents

Collection of job descriptions, responsibilities, applications, terminations, and graphics area information for staff positions and part-time help.

Dates

  • Other: 1975-1979

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 50 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Restriction Policy. Requests to access restricted materials in the University Archives should be submitted to the University Archivist.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Brigham Young University Dept. of Conferences and Workshops records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Administrative History

The Department of Special Courses and Conferences was an administrative and teaching unit at Brigham Young University.

The department was established in 1966 as part of the university's Division of Continuing Education, and was charged with providing courses and programs for on-campus and distance students, as well as the general public. Department chairmen included Thomas A. James (1966-1970), Sterling R. Church (1972-1973), and Phillip D. Harris (1973-1979). In 1979 the department was reorganized as the Department of Conferences and Workshops.

Extent

16 folders

Language

English

Other Finding Aids

In-depth inventory available for the first series.

Other Finding Aids

File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1237.xml

Repository Details

Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository

Contact:
1130 HBLL
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States