English Department graduate department files, 1989-2003
Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1208 Series 3
Contains materials from the graduate department from 1989-2003. These materials include minutes, awards, reports, and bound honors theses.
Conditions Governing Access note
Restricted. Closed for 50 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Restriction Policy. Requests to access restricted materials in the University Archives should be submitted to the University Archivist.
Conditions Governing Use note
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from English Department records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The English Department of Brigham Young University is a part of the College of Humanities. When the College of Humanities was established in 1965 it consisted of four original areas of study, with English being the largest department in the College as well as on campus. At that time the English Department was housed primarily in the Jesse Knight Building, with the faculty occupying most of the annex of the same building. Although the College of Humanities was founded in 1965, the English Department had been an integral part of the University from the beginning when BYU was first started.
Other Finding Aids note
A more detailed finding aid is available in the repository.
Other Finding Aids File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1208.xml