William Gates institutional affiliations, 1912-1940
Scope and Contents
Contains writings related to Gates' institutional affiliations with the Aryan Theosophical Society, the San Diego Museum, and the Department of Middle American Research at Tulane University. While his work with the Department of Middle American Research at Tulane University was directly related to the study of Mesoamerica, Gates' affiliations with the Aryan Theosophical Society and the San Diego Museum were not related to the study of Mesoamerica.
- Gates, William, 1863-1940 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William Gates papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
William Gates (1863-1940) was an author, linguist, archaeologist, collector, publisher, museum director, and president of the Maya Society.
Language of Materials
Arranged in three subseries: 1. Writings with the Aryan Theosophical Society. 2. Writings on the San Diego Museum. 3. Writings on the Middle American Research Institute.
- Aztecs -- History
- Central America
- Central America -- Antiquities
- Central America -- Languages -- History -- Sources
- Gates, William, 1863-1940 -- Archives
- Indians of Central America -- History
- Indians of Central America -- Languages -- History
- Indians of Mexico -- Antiquities
- Indians of Mexico -- History
- Indians of Mexico -- Languages -- History
- Maya Society