Ruby K. Smith photograph album, 1919-1929
Sub-Series — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 326 Series 1 Sub-Series 1
Contains diaries, book manuscripts, correspondence, scrapbooks, pioneer and family biographies, and photo albums. Smith's diaries cover the years from September 1921 to December 1941, and 1950 to 1964. Some of the correspondence is between Smith and her mother when Ruby served as a nutritionist for the Red Cross at San Francisco and Richmond, California from 1942 to 1944. The materials document Smith's activities, jobs, and writings. Smith worked as a "Home Demonstrating Agent" in Utah County (1925-1928), Uintah County (1947-1949), and Tooele County (1950-1952).
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Ruby K. Smith papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
Ruby K. Smith (b. 1888) was a Mormon author, historian, and teacher.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS326.xml
- California -- History -- 1850-1950
- Historians -- Utah -- History
- Home and Family
- Mormon women -- Utah -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Smith, Ruby K. (Ruby Kate), 1888-
- Social Life and Customs
- Teachers -- Utah -- History
- Tooele County (Utah) -- History
- Uintah County (Utah) -- History
- Utah County (Utah) -- History
- Women authors, American -- Utah -- History