Skip to main content

Intercollegiate Athletics photographs and news clippings, approximately 1920s-1981

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1347 Series 2
Contains photographs and news clippings relating to Brigham Young University Intercollegiate Athletics. Photographs mainly consist of black and white football photographs, as well as three hand-colored images, two of which are in the oversize box. Also included are two gymnastics programs from 1980-1981. Numerous folders and scrapbooks contain news clippings pertaining to BYU athletics, circa 1920s-1981.

Dates

  • approximately 1920s-1981

Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 50 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Restriction Policy. Requests to access restricted materials in the University Archives should be submitted to the University Archivist.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Intercollegiate Athletics memorabilia must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Extent

9 folders

4 items

Administrative History

Intercollegiate Athletics (1955-) coordinates and maintains Brigham Young University's athletics.

Intercollegiate Athletics was established in 1955 as a part of the College of Recreation, Physical and Health Education, and Athletics. In 1960, Intercollegiate Athletics was made part of the College of Physical Education. In 1975, Intercollegiate Athletics was incorporated into the overall structure of Brigham Young University. The organization maintains BYU's participation within conferences and the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Teams sponsored by Intercollegiate Athletics include football, basketball, swimming, tennis, golf and track.

Arrangement

Series is arranged by subject and to conserve space.

Repository Details

Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository

Contact:
1130 HBLL
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States