Skip to main content

Audio Visual Center chairman records, 1949-1966

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 547 Series 9

Scope and Contents

Contains meeting minutes, correspondences, newsletters, films and filmstrips, financial reports, community education reports, and other records from when L. R. Lindeman was chairman of Audio Visual Center. Dated from 1949 to 1966.

Dates

  • 1949-1966

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 50 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Restriction Policy. Requests to access restricted materials in the University Archives should be submitted to the University Archivist.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.

Permission to publish material from the Division of Continuing Education records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.

Biographical History

LeRoy R. Lindeman (1928-1996) was a department chairman of the Department of Audio-Visual Communications at Brigham Young University.

LeRoy Lindeman was born May 3, 1928 in Salt Lake City, Utah to Russell O. and Lizzie Thorup Lindeman. He married Barbara Faerber on March 18, 1948. He was a professor at the University of Utah and Brigham Young University and the director of Curriculum for the State Board of Education. From 1960 to 1966 Lindeman was the Department Chairman of the Department of Audio-Visual Communications at Brigham Young University. He died June 6, 1996.

Administrative History

The Department of Audio-Visual Services (1957-1960) was created to be in charge of all of Brigham Young Universities audio and visual materials.

The Department of Audio-Visual Services was created in 1957 and was part of Adult Education and Extension Services. Those who served as department chairmen were: Clarence Tydall (1956-1959) and Evan J. Memmott (acting chair, 1959-1960). In 1960 the name of the department was changed to the Department of Audio-Visual Communications.

Administrative History

The Department of Audio-Visual Communications (1960-1966) was part of Adult Education and Extension Services.

The Department of Audio-Visual Communications was created in 1960. Previously it was known as the Department of Audio-Visual Services. The department chairman was LeRoy L. Lindeman (1960-66). He was also in charge of the Audio-Visual Equipment Committee in at least 1963.

Extent

6 boxes

Language

English

Arrangement

Arranged in six subseries: 1. Audio Visual Center chairman community education meeting minutes, 1959-1964. 2. Audio Visual Center chairman community education correspondence, 1949-1966. 3. Audio Visual Center chairman community education financial and other reports, 1954-1964. 4. Audio Visual Center chairman community education newsletters, 1961-1964. 5. Audio Visual Center chairman community education films and filmstrips, 1959-1966. 6. Audio Visual Center chairman community education additional reports and other material, 1960-1962.

Other Finding Aids

A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.

Other Finding Aids

File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA547.xml

Repository Details

Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository

Contact:
1130 HBLL
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States