Coolbrith, Ina D. (Ina Donna), 1841-1928
- Existence: 1841 - 1928
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Contains letters to and from Smith from family members and acquaintances, including his aunt Emma Smith Bidamon, his wife Hellen, his sons Alvin and Hyrum, his step brother Joseph F. Smith, and his cousin Joseph Smith III. Also includes some letters from LDS Church Presidents, including John Taylor and Wilford Woodruff. Dated 1848-1911.
Letters written to John Smith from family members and acquaintances, including Alexander Hale Smith, Hyrum F. Smith, Hyrum Gibbs Smith, George A. Smith, Hellen Smith, Joseph Smith III, Joseph F. Smith, Samuel H. B. Smith, John Taylor, Charles Lowell Walker, Orson F. Whitney, and Wilford Woodruff. Dated 1848-1911.
Letters written by John Smith and sent to family members and other acquaintances, including his wife, Hellen, sons Alvin and Hyrum F., cousin Joseph Smith III, and step-brother Joseph F. Smith. Dated 1954-1911.
Contains papers related to Smith's mission to Denmark for the LDS Church from 1862-1864. Includes four diaries, three of which are originals and one of which is a photocopy and transcription. Also includes his mission blessing, papers related to daily mission activities, a provision list for Danish Saints on the "Monarch of the Seas," a record of priesthood ordinations, a Danish grammar book, and letters to his wife, Hellen, and children. Dated 1862-1864.
Contains papers related to Smith's personal and family life, genealogical information, business interests, and his role as Presiding Patriarch of the LDS Church. Includes patriarchal blessings given to him, as well as those he gave to others. Also includes tithing receipts, legal documents, documents regarding stock held by Smith, commendations for Smith, miscellaneous correspondence, documents related to Joseph Smith III, and articles regarding John Smith. Dated 1852-1962.
Photocopies of correspondence, minutes, journals, and subject research files of Scott Kinney. These materials relate to Joseph F. Smith (1832-1918) sixth President of the LDS Church. The bulk of the collection deals with the years 1870 to 1918. These research files are documentation for Kinney's proposed biography of Smith.
Collection contains papers related to Smith's mission to Denmark, life in Utah with family, and his position as Presiding Patriarch of the LDS Church. Includes diaries, letters, articles containing references to John, his personal patriarchal blessing, sheep accounts, family history notes, and copies of patriarchal blessings pronounced by himself. Dated 1848-1962.
- Archival Object 5
- Collection 3
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 6
- Letters 6
- Illinois -- History -- 19th century 5
- Missions and Missionaries 5
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- History -- 19th century 5
- Utah -- History -- 19th century 5
- Wyoming -- History -- 19th century 5
- Mormon missionaries -- Denmark -- History -- 19th century 4
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History 4
- Diaries 2
- Material Types 2
- Awards 1
- Church Government 1
- Church records and registers 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Financial records 1
- Images 1
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- Denmark -- History 1
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- Denmark -- History -- 19th century 1
- Latter Day Saint women -- Photographs 1
- Legal instruments 1
- Missouri -- History -- 19th century 1
- Notes 1
- Patriarchal blessings (Latter Day Saint churches) -- History 1
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) 1
- Photocopies 1
- Photographs 1
- Poets, American -- California -- Photographs 1
- Research (Documents) 1
- Utah -- Politics and government 1 + ∧ less