Frémont, John Charles, 1813-1890
- Existence: 1813 - 1890
John Charles Frémont (1813-1890) was an American soldier, explorer, and politician.
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Eight holograph letters, four from Fremont, four from his wife, Jessie Benton Fremont. Jessie's letters deal with personal and family matters. Two of John's letters deal with personal business; the other two with affairs connected to his responsibilities as Commander of the Western Department of the U.S. Army in 1861. They discuss personnel transfers to various areas of his command.
Photocopy of a typed manuscript. The author and date of the item are unknown. The play was written for "pioneer days." The play mentions prominent people who had visited or came from Parowan, Utah.
Handwritten and signed letter, dated August 18, 1848, and addressed to Col. George Talcott, "Chief of Ordnance." Fremont writes concerning "vouchers for disbursement in the Ordnance Department" for the campaigns in California for 1846 and 1847.
Handwritten and signed letter, dated January 6, 1864, and addressed to James William Denver. Fremont writes concerning a bill to be intruduced by members of the Missouri legislature which would be very generous to the holders of stock in the "Old Road."
Handwritten and signed letter, dated September 7, 1850, and addressed to Susan B. Ferrell. Fremont writes concerning the gold mines in California and the best time of the year to go to that state.
Biography, story and notes from the life of John Calvin Lazell Smith. The story is about John C. Fremont, an explorer, coming to Smith's house to ask for help on a cold winter evening. John C. Fremont later ran for President.
- Letters 4
- Explorers -- United States -- Correspondence 3
- Politicians -- United States -- Correspondence 3
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 3
- Politics, Government, and Law 2
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 1
- Biographies 1
- California -- History -- 1846-1850 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 1
- Civil Procedure and Courts 1
- Correspondence 1
- Drama -- 20th century 1
- Expeditions and Adventure 1
- Gold mines and mining -- California -- History 1
- Immigration and American Expansion 1
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Parowan -- Fiction 1
- Material Types 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 1
- Military 1
- Missouri -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Parowan (Utah) -- Fiction 1
- Performing Arts 1
- Religion 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Missouri -- Sources 1 + ∧ less