Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Printed speech presented before a joint session of congress on April 2, 1917 asking for a declaration of war against Germany. The item was written by Konrad Kail and is called "America's call to Arms." Kail used dark and light pen strokes in writing the speech which make a profile portrait of Wilson.
Printed, handwritten, and signed certificates of appointment. Wilson appoints Holden C. Richardson as "a Member of the Advisory Committee for Aeronautics" in 1915. The item is signed by Wilson and William Jennings Bryan, secretary of state. Wilson appoints Duncan LaMont as postmaster at Colorado City, Colorado in 1916. The item is signed by Wilson and Albert S. Burleson, postmaster general.
Memorabilia collected by Julian Alden Weir dated from between February 17, 1906 to December 19, 1906. Contains invitations from prominent American individuals such as Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and Samuel L. Clemens.
Four photocopied letters relating to the establishing of the "Cosmopolitan Club" at Princeton University. The cover letter is addressed to Woodrow Wilson, president of Princeton, with accompaning letters relating to the "Cosmopolitan Club" at Harvard University.
Typewritten and signed letter, dated April 11, 1917, and addressed to H. Lawrence Thackwell, a civil engineer in Marbleton, Wyoming. Wilson thanks Thackwell for his offer of unnamed services. Wilson says he will file the offer with the War Department which may make use of Thackwell's assistance.
- Collection 4
- Archival Object 1
- Politics, Government, and Law 3
- Letters 2
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography 2
- Artists -- United States 1
- Certificates 1
- Civil Procedure and Courts 1
- Correspondence 1
- Home and Family 1
- International Relations 1
- Material Types 1
- Postal service -- Utah -- Postmasters -- History -- Sources 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Autographs 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- Souvenirs (Keepsakes) 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1
- Students -- New Jersey -- Princeton -- Conduct of life 1
- United States -- History -- 1913-1921 -- Sources 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1913-1921 1 ∧ less