Garfield, James A. (James Abram), 1831-1881
- Existence: 1831 - 1881
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Indexed autograph album belonging to an unidentified individual which contains signatures of several people who were associated with the murder trial of Charles J. Guiteau for the assassination of James A. Garfield, President of the United States. Autographs include those of the judge, jury members, attorneys for the prosecution and defense, several witnesses (including General William T. Sherman), and Guiteau himself.
Autograph collection. Includes signatures of King George II, King George III, General Philip Sheridan, Robert T. Lincoln, the Marquis de Lafayette, President William McKinley, and President James A. Garfield.
James A. Garfield : an account of his assassination and burial, nomination at Chicago, inauguration at Washington, a sketch of his life
Scrapbook of newspapers clippings relating to the career and assassination of the President of the United States, James A. Garfield (1831-1881). Also including are clippings relating to Garfield's assassin, John Wilson Guiteau (1834-1916).
A certificate signed by James A. Garfield and a military letter, 1881-1882.
- Material Types 2
- Politics, Government, and Law 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Autograph albums 1
- Autographs 1
- Autographs -- Collections 1
- Certificates 1
- Civil Procedure and Courts 1
- Fort Douglas (Utah) -- History 1
- Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Autographs 1
- Land grants 1
- Letters 1
- Military 1
- Newspapers 1
- Presidents -- Assassination -- United States -- History 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Autographs 1
- Publications 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History -- 19th century 1
- United States -- Agriculture 1 ∧ less