Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919
- Existence: 1858 - 1919
Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919) was a politician, soldier, explorer, naturalist, and author. He served as president of the United States from 1901 to 1909.
Found in 17 Collections and/or Records:
Typewritten and signed letter dated 19 Nov. 1910 and addressed to Joseph E. Wilson, of the Ladies' Tailoring College in Salt Lake City, Utah. Harper sends President Roosevelt's thanks for the letter received from Wilson. Harper writes that the president was unable to answer Wilson personally due to the large amount of letters received by him.
Correspondence, articles and publications, newspaper clippings, paintings, and photographs. The collection relates to the history of aviation including ballooning, dirigibles, and air races. Also included are the correspondence and other records of Holden C. Richardson. These materials include certificates signed by presidents of the United States.
Memorabilia collected by Julian Alden Weir dated from between February 17, 1906 to December 19, 1906. Contains invitations from prominent American individuals such as Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and Samuel L. Clemens.
Contains financial records of Reed Smoot. Includes bank account books, information on the Smoot Investment Company, and banking records. Contains checks and statements from the Commercial Bank of American Fork and the First National Bank of Salt Lake City, as well as other companies. Also includes checks and receipts. Dated 1827-1940.
Contains papers related to the legislative career of Reed Smoot. Includes hard bound copies of Revenue Bill and Tariff Duties for 1913, annotated by Senator Smoot and bound volumes of Tariff Acts, 1921-1922. Also contains writings and Newspaper articles relating to the senator's Home Economic Bill, and other bound volumes and newspaper articles. Dated 1913-1922.
Contains ephemeral artifacts and mementoes from the life and career of Reed Smoot. Includes objects such as Smoot's election pins, memorials written by others about Smoot, and Christmas cards. Also consists largely of invitations to events and calling cards. Dated 1877-1967.
Contains files related to Smoot's involvement in mining. Includes correspondence and maps from the Big Indian Copper Company and records regarding the Gilsonite deal. Finally, pertains to work with Gold Chain Mining Company, Iron King Mining Company, Mascot Mining Company, and Western Australian Mining Laws. This demonstrates Smoot's work with these companies. Dated 1897-1938.
Contains newspaper clippings on the career of Reed Smoot. Primarily deals with news about the Smoot hearings, found in both Utah newspapers and other newspapers. Also contains articles on Smoot's opinion on prohibition and his election reports. Dated 1897-1942.
- Archival Record 11
- Collection 6
- Politicians -- Utah 6
- Polygamy -- Utah 6
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1901-1953 6
- Letters 5
- Material Types 5
- Correspondence 4
- Mormon Church -- Apostles -- Correspondence 4
- Mormon Church -- Presidents -- Correspondence 4
- Church Government 3
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 3
- Diaries 3
- Mormon Church -- Apostles 3
- Souvenirs (Keepsakes) 3
- Elections -- Utah 2
- Images 2
- Photographs 2
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 2
- Airplanes -- History 1
- Airships -- History 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- United States 1
- Ballooning -- History 1
- Bank statements 1
- Banks and banking -- Utah 1
- Bills 1
- Campaign speeches -- Utah 1
- Checks 1
- Christmas cards 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Economics -- Research 1
- Economics -- United States 1
- Education, Higher -- United States -- History 1
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.) -- Photographs 1
- History -- Aeronautics 1
- Home and Family 1
- Invitation cards 1
- Legislation -- Utah 1
- Maps 1
- Memorials -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Microfilms 1
- Mining corporations -- United States 1
- Mormons -- Arizona -- Photographs 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- Correspondence 1
- Newspapers 1
- Paintings 1
- Photographic prints 1
- Pins (Jewelry) 1
- Politicians -- Utah -- Correspondence 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Prohibition 1
- Publications 1
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 1
- Reclamation of land 1
- Research (Documents) 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- Switzerland -- Foreign relations -- United States 1
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Switzerland 1 ∧ less