- Existence: 1890 - 1984
- Daly, Katherine Evelyn, 1890-1984
Eve Ball, also known as Katherine Evelyn Daly (1890-1984) was a noted oral historian and author. She especially enjoyed working in New Mexico, the Southwest, and with the Apache Indians.
Citation:Her Ruidoso, c1963.
Robinson, Sherry. Apache voices, c2000: t.p. (Eve Ball) p. 203 (Katherine Evelyn Daly, b. 14 March 1890, Clarksville, Tenn.) p. 219 (d. 1984)
Eve Ball manuscripts and photographs, 1966 (Katherine Evelyn Daly (Eve Ball) was born March 14, 1890 on her grandfather's plantation in Kentucky. Eve spent her early years in Clarksville, Tennessee, married Joseph P. Ball, was a noted oral historian and author, died on December 24, 1984)
Wikipedia, December 18, 2018: (Eve Ball (14 March 1890-24 December 1984), was an American historian of the American West and a teacher; born on 14 March 1890 in Clarksville, Tennessee; earned a B.S. degree in education from Kansas State Teachers College of Pittsburg in 1918 and became a teacher. Ball received a M.A. in education from Kansas State University in 1934; died at home in Ruidoso, New Mexico)
id.loc.gov, April 15, 2022 (Eve Ball, also known as Katherine Evelyn Daly (1890-1984) was a noted oral historian and author. She especially enjoyed working in New Mexico, the Southwest, and with the Apache Indians)
Found in 26 Collections and/or Records:
Eve Ball manuscripts and photographs
Collection contains revised manuscripts of some book chapters written by Eve Ball, and photographs that support her research of Native Americans.
Eve Ball papers
Collection includes research, publications, business records, and photographs which Eve Ball used in her day-to-day life.
Eve Ball advertising materials, 1969
Contains advertisements, mailing lists, and book orders for Eve Ball's writings.
Eve Ball awards, 1959-1982
Contains cirtificates and awards given to Eve Ball.
Eve Ball book reviews, 1972-1974
Contains book reviews written by Eve Ball.
Eve Ball business papers, undated
Contains inventories and catalogues related to Eve Ball's personal business.
Eve Ball collaborative research, 1929-1984
Contains corespondence between Eve Ball and other scholars and individuals concerning a variaty of subjects in western history.
Eve Ball collection of book reviews, 1966-1982
Contains book reviews for books written by Eve Ball.
Eve Ball correspondence, 1908-1985
Contains Eve Ball's correspondece with others.
Eve Ball correspondence with publishers, 1961-1984
Contains Eve Ball's correspondence with her publishers.
- Archival Object 21
- Collection 5
- Anthropology 15
- Apache Indians -- Biography 15
- Apache Indians -- Interviews 15
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 15
- New Mexico -- History 15
- Apache Indians -- History 14
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 14
- Lincoln County (N.M.) -- History 14
- Outlaws -- New Mexico -- History 14
- Letters 6
- Oral histories 4
- Photographs 4
- Research (Documents) 4
- West (U.S.) -- History 4
- Literature 3
- Manuscripts 3
- Printed ephemera 3
- West (U.S) -- History -- Sources 3
- Books 2
- Correspondence 2
- Indians of North America 2
- Lincoln County (N.M.) -- Biography 2
- Material Types 2
- Notebooks 2
- Postcards 2
- West (U.S.) 2
- Advertising copy 1
- Articles 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Awards 1
- Business records 1
- Catron County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Conference papers and proceedings 1
- Expeditions and Adventure 1
- Immigration and American Expansion 1
- Interviews 1
- Lecture notes 1
- Mescalero Apache Tribe of the Mescalero Reservation, New Mexico -- History 1
- Slides (Photography) 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1 + ∧ less