Callis, Charles A.
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Includes 46 letters from Charles A. Callis, President of the Southern States Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to Leonard A. Fillerup, leader of the Kentucky Conference of the same mission, as well as various other letters and materials relating to the Southern States Mission during the years 1924-1926. The materials include instruction, testimony, and mission progress and statistics.
Diaries (1893, 1940, 1943, and 1945), correspondence (1892-1947), reports of the Southern States Mission (1908-1934), sermons, articles, personal certificates, speeches, patriarchal blessings, and miscellaneous items. These materials deal with a wide range of Mormon theological and administrative issues. They also deal with personal and family matters.
Collection includes 45 photographs of the Mt. Ogden Ward and the South Carolina Mission, taken by David R. Wilkinson between the 1910s and the 1950s. Includes images of officers of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who visited the area.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 4
- Letters 4
- Missions and Missionaries 4
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States -- History 2
- Photographs 2
- Articles 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Certificates 1
- Church Government 1
- Mormon missionaries -- South Carolina -- Photographs 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States -- Photographs 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- History 1
- Negatives 1
- Newsletters 1
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History 1
- South Carolina 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1
- Summit County (Utah) -- History 1 ∧ less