Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
- Existence: 1890 - 1969
Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969) was an American soldier and statesman. He served as the 34th president of the United States (1953-1961).
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Collection includes photographs documenting Bennion's life. Images include leadership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, military figures, and the railroad.
Contains military photographs of Edward Miller Grimm. There is one photograph of Edward Miller Grimm and General MacArthur shaking hands, and a photograph of Dwight D. Eisenhower and 9 other men gathered around a table. Edward Miller Grimm is one of those men. Materials dated 1961.
Typewritten and signed letter dated June 27, 1957, written on "The White House Washington" stationary, and addressed to Jean M. F. Dubois in Denver, Colorado. Eisenhower expresses sympathy that Dubois has been ill and concern for his "struggles" in writing a book about his father. Eisenhower also regrets not being able to visit Denver that summer.
Contains Pusey's research papers on Ezra Taft Benson and Dwight D. Eisenhower. The material centers around Eisenhower's presidential administration with some additional material on Benson's service as his Secretary of Agriculture. Also contains materials relating to Pusey's biography of Eisenhower, including a typed manuscript and correspondence with publishers and others. Dates from between 1952 and 1960.
- Archival Object 2
- Collection 2
- Letters 2
- Material Types 2
- Photographs 2
- Armed Forces -- Officers -- Photographs 1
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Correspondence 1
- Generals -- United States -- Biography 1
- Images 1
- Journalism 1
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Apostles 1
- Manuscripts for publication 1
- Military 1
- Mormons -- Philippines -- History 1
- Politicians -- United States -- History 1
- Politics, Government, and Law 1
- Portraits 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography 1
- Railroads -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Santo Tomas Internment Camp (Manila, Philippines) -- History 1
- Sunday schools 1
- Sunday schools -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area 1 + ∧ less