Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Photocopy of a handwritten history of the Carter family written by Herbert Carter. Carter gives his family history, including details about growing up in Greenville, Utah, living on a ranch, and the various hardships that his family faced. Carter also writes about when his family moved to Twin Falls, Idaho and the experiences they had there.
Handwritten letters, deeds, and miscellaneous items. The materials contain deeds to land in St. George, Utah as well as to water rights. Also included are various letters and genealogies relating to the Carter family.
Collection includes three handwritten diaries kept by Lucy Mack Smith Carter. She writes about her daily life, her church activities, and family responsibilities, dated 1913 to 1914. Also includes photographs and negatives of Lucy Mack Smith Carter's family and her extended Smith relatives, mainly in California and Utah, dated 1868 to 1974.
Materials include missionary journals for Carter's service in the area of Nottingham, England. Includes descriptions of Carter's attempts to find his ancestors and relatives throughout England. The fifth journal includes a description of his return to Utah via Sydney, Australia, and his report to President John Taylor upon his return. The sixth journal includes notes Carter took on his genealogy during his missionary service. Dated 1877-1879.
Consists of copy negatives of some of the photographs in the collection.
Materials include photographs of Lucy Mack Smith Carter, her father Joseph Fielding Smith, and other members of the Smith and Carter families. Locations include Wasatch, Yellowstone, Ocean Park, California, Oregon, and Hotel Utah. Materials dated approximately 1868-1974.
Letters, poems, a ledger book, newspaper clippings, programs, a family genealogy, an autograph book, and memorabilia including a lief that rested on the coffin of Brigham Young. The materials relate to Naamah's family and to the genealogy of the Carter family.
- Collection 6
- Archival Object 2
- Home and Family 4
- Social Life and Customs 4
- Genealogies 3
- Letters 2
- Mormon women -- Utah -- Diaries 2
- Mormon women -- Utah -- Salt Lake City 2
- Photographs 2
- Account books 1
- Acetate negatives 1
- Agriculture and Natural Resources 1
- Beaver (Utah) -- History 1
- California -- Photographs 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Deeds 1
- Diaries 1
- Family histories 1
- Greenville (Utah) -- History -- Sources 1
- Histories (Literary works) 1
- Material Types 1
- Missionaries 1
- Missions and Missionaries 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- England 1
- Mormon families -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Mormon missionaries -- England -- Diaries 1
- Mormon women -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History 1
- Mormons -- England -- Nottingham 1
- Mormons -- Idaho -- Twin Falls -- History -- Sources 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Greenville -- History -- Sources 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Saint George -- History 1
- Negatives 1
- Newspapers 1
- Poetry 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Twin Falls (Idaho) -- History -- Sources 1
- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Water and Water Rights 1
- Yellowstone National Park -- Photographs 1 + ∧ less