United States. Congress. House
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Collection is comprised of letters, most of them written by George Q. Cannon during his time of service as a Utah Territory delegate to the United States House of Representatives. The remainder of the letters were written by a variety of family members and friends to Martha Telle Cannon. The bulk of the letters were written between 1872 and 1882.
George Q. Cannon and Martha Telle Cannon correspondence, including forty-one letters exchanged between George Q. Cannon and Martha Telle Cannon, between 1872 and 1891. Their correspondence documents George Q. Cannon's experiences as a Territorial Delegate from Utah to the United States House of Representatives; Martha Cannon's experiences in her Salt Lake City, Utah, home; family relationships and news; and Church events.
Contains correspondence from Cannon, including seven letters, from 1880 to 1902. Six are addressed to Martha Telle Cannon from a variety of family members, and one is from Martha Telle Cannon to Lewis Telle Cannon.
Photocopies of newspaper clippings, House of Representatives Bill 56 of the 99th Congress, House of Representatives hearings on a comprehensive tax reform bill, survey results on a National Dividend Act, and transcripts of a television interview. The items relate to Perry's efforts to reduce the federal deficit and establish more equitable taxes.
Includes subscription lists for reprints of two speeches given in the U.S. House of Representatives concerning the Polygamy Bill. Thirty-three colleagues signed the subscription list for copies of C.M. Pomeroy's speech (Rep. of Iowa) and fourteen signed a list for reprints of Hamilton Ward's address (Rep. of New York). A total of 14,700 copies were ordered from the Congressional Globe office. Photocopies of the speeches are included.
- Collection 5
- Archival Record 3
- Letters 6
- Mormon families -- History 4
- Territorial Government 4
- Utah -- History -- 19th century 4
- Agricultural laws and legislation -- United States -- History 1
- Bills 1
- Budget deficits -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Civil Procedure and Courts 1
- Educational law and legislation United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Interviews 1
- Legislators -- California -- Correspondence 1
- Legislators -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Legislators -- United States -- History 1
- Memorandums 1
- Newspapers 1
- Political Campaigns 1
- Polygamy -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Public Finance 1
- Reports 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1
- Taxation -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1953-1961 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1969-1974 1 ∧ less