Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Horace Chase letter
Handwritten and signed letter dated 24 June 1814 and addressed to "Miss Betsey Blanchard" of Hopkinton, New Hampshire. Chase writes to Betsey, apparently a girlfriend, and tells her about his serious illness. He had been treated by Dr. Nathan Smith (1762-1829). This is the same Dr. Smith who treated Joseph Smith (1805-1844), first president of the Mormon Church, the year before.
From missions to mountains : a network view of westward expansion / Richard K. Behrens
Essay contains information about westward expansion in the United States from 1775 to 1875.
Research on Hyrum Smith's Moor's school years
This collection, containing a copy of a paper by Richard K. Behrens and it's appendices, has been separated into folders within a hollinger box. Each appendix is kept in it's own folder. Hyrum Smith (1800-1844) was the elder brother of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr. He was a faithful member of the Church from his baptism and served as a great missionary and church leader. He was killed, along with his brother Joseph, on 27 June 1844.
- Colleges and Universities 2
- Education 2
- Connecticut 1
- Correspondence 1
- Hanover (N.H.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Immigration and American Expansion 1
- Indians of North America -- History 1
- Letters 1
- Material Types 1
- Medicine -- New Hampshire -- History -- Sources 1
- New Hampshire 1
- Overland Journeys to the Western United States 1
- Research (Documents) 1
- United States -- Territorial expansion 1
- West (U.S.) -- History 1 + ∧ less