Skip to main content

Karl G. Maeser Building (Provo, Utah)

 Organization

Found in 23 Collections and/or Records:

Alumni Association records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 247
Scope and Contents Contains checks, receipts, promissory notes, correspondence, and various other financial data concerning donations for the construction of the Maeser Memorial building.
Dates: 1908-1913

Brigham Young University postcards

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1047
Scope and Contents This collection consists of nine postcards. The postcards are of buildings on Brigham Young Universities campus. Dated in the 1950's.
Dates: 1950

Campus slides

 Collection — Folder: 1
Identifier: UA 1046
Scope and Contents Nineteen 35 mm Kodachrome transparency slides of buildings on the campus of Brigham Young University. The buildings include the old Joseph Smith Building, the Education Building at Brigham Young Academy, the Heber J. Grant Building, the President's House, the Carl F. Eyring Science Center, the Karl G. Maeser Building, the George H. Brimhall Building, some campus stairs, and the football stadium. The slides are from around 1965.
Dates: approximately 1965

Collection of photographs of Provo and Brigham Young University

 Collection — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS 8240
Scope and Contents Contains six black-and-white photographs taken in Provo, Utah in 1935. Includes images of buildings on the Brigham Young University campus, as well as images of homes and buildings in the community.
Dates: 1935

College of Humanities records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 5390
Scope and Contents note Collection contains correspondence, reports, and minutes from the College of Humanities dated 1991-2006. The materials pertain to College Administrative Council meetings and retreats, Joseph F. Smith Building information, commencement, and the work of the dean.
Dates: 1991-2006

George H. Brimhall correspondence, 1909

 Series
Identifier: UA 1092 Series 8
Scope and Contents Contains correspondence by Brimhall related to university administration, personnel, and students. Also includes information on the construction of the Maeser Building. Materials date from between 1907 and 1910.
Dates: Record Keeping: 1909

Karl G. Maeser Building cornerstone collection

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 542
Abstract Includes items dated 1887-1909 sealed in the cornerstone of the Karl G. Maeser building in 1909 and removed in 1975 as part of the University's centennial celebration. Items include articles of incorporation, songs, pennants, albums, pamphlets, directories, poetry, photo albums, LDS scriptures and hymn book, copies of the Blue and White, and two articles by N.L. Nelson: Scientific Aspects of Mormonism, and, The Mormon Point of View. Also includes the copper box that the materials were housed in.
Dates: 1887-1909

The Maeser Memorial

 File — Folder: 1
Identifier: UA SC 66
Dates: Publication: 1910

Maeser Memorial Building

 Collection — Folder: 1
Identifier: UA SC 37
Dates: Date not identified