Brigham Young University. Department of Food and Nutrition
- Existence: 1955 - 1970
The Department of Food and Nutrition (1955-1970) was an instructional unit at Brigham Young University.
The Department of Food and Nutrition was established in 1955 in a split of the earlier Department of Home Economics. The department reported to the dean of the College of Family Living, and taught courses in subjects such as the essentials of nutrition, menu planning, meal service, and food preservation.
Department chairs included Marion Bennion (1955-1961), Sadie O. Morris (1961-1962), and Marion Bennion (1962-1970).
Citation:Food Science and Nutrition Department records, 1964-1986
Brigham Young University Organizational History Project, via WWW, August 27, 2020 (Department of Food and Nutrition; est. 1955 in split of earlier Department of Home Economics; part of College of Family Living; name was changed to Food Science and Nutrition, 1970; department chairs, Marion Bennion (1955-1961), Sadie O. Morris (1961-1962), and Marion Bennion (1962-1970); courses taught included Essentials of Nutrition, Menu Planning and Meal Service, and Food Preservation)
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Contains information on research done by the department in other countries, such as Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Mexico, Philippines, Columbia, Paraguay, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Italy. Includes data about nutritional values, correspondence, and nutritional information pamphlets. Materials date from between 1964 and 1986.