W.W. Clyde Engineering Building (Provo, Utah)
- Existence: 1974-
The W. W. Clyde Engineering Building (1974- ) is one of the engineering on the campus of Brigham Young University.
Built in the 1970s to accommodate the growing popularity of the engineering field, the Clyde Building has served as the house of the Civil and Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering departments. It was named after Springville, Utah construction business owner and generous donor to BYU, Wilford W. Clyde.
Citation:Clyde Engineering Building, via WWW, Jan. 22, 2018 (Clyde Engineering Building; houses the Civil and Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering departments; named after Wilford W. Clyde, a Springville, Utah construction business owner and generous donor to BYU, completed 1974)
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Contains a history, minutes, photographs, memorandums, slides, and forms from the dean's office of the Ira A. Fulton College of Engineering and Technology at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. Includes information on college activities, curriculum, expenses, faculty, and students. Also includes information on the construction of the Clyde Building. Materials date from between 1953 and 2014.
Contains thirteen photographs of the construction of the W. W. Clyde Building taken in approximately 1973.
Contains program requirements, utility records, records on soil testing, and memoranda, 1955-1974.