Society for Early Historic Archaeology
The Society for Early Historic Archaeology (est. 1967) was a research institute promoting scriptural archaeology. The society was previously known as the University Archaeology Society and was affiliated with Brigham Young University until 1979.
Citation:Newsletter and proceedings of the S.E.H.A., May 1967: t.p. (Society for Early Historic Archaeology)
Society of Early Historic Archaeology programs, 1985-1988 (The University Archaeological Society was formed in 1949 as an official adjunct to the Brigham Young University Department of Archaeology; in 1967 the society was renamed the Society for Early Historical Archaeology (SEHA); the mission of the society was to help the Department of Archaeology (later the Department of Anthropology) by doing some things which a regular academic department might have difficulty dealing with directly: promoting research on scriptural archaeology and giving publicity on a non-technical level to discoveries in this field; in 1979 SEHA became independent of BYU)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Contains programs from annual symposiums of the Society for Early Historic Archaeology (SEHA) in 1985, 1986, and 1988 which were held in the J. Reuben Clark Law Building at BYU. Also included are SEHA envelopes.