Carl F. Eyring Science Center (Provo, Utah)
- Existence: 1954-
The Carl F. Eyring Science Center (est. 1954) is a science building located on the Brigham Young University campus in Provo, Utah.
Eyring Science Center was originally named the Physical Science Building and dedicated in 1950 during the Diamond Jubilee. The name was changed to the Eyring Physical Science Center in 1954. It was later renovated from 1995 to 1997. The building currently houses the Department of Nutrition, Dietetics, and Food Science, the Department of Geology, and the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
Citation:BYU Magazine via WWW, April 28, 2020 (originally named the Physical Science Building in 1950; renamed Eyring Physical Science Center in 1954) https://magazine.byu.edu/article/byus-hall-of-wonders/
College of Life Sciences via WWW, April 29, 2020(renovation from 1995-1997; houses the Nutrition, Dietetics, and Food Science department, Geology department.)
Wikiwand via WWW, April 29, 2020 (houses the Physics and Astronomy department)
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Includes program of events, general information, texts of addresses, dedication of the Science building, photos of events, congratulatory letters, and newsclippings.
Nineteen 35 mm Kodachrome transparency slides of buildings on the campus of Brigham Young University. The buildings include the old Joseph Smith Building, the Education Building at Brigham Young Academy, the Heber J. Grant Building, the President's House, the Carl F. Eyring Science Center, the Karl G. Maeser Building, the George H. Brimhall Building, some campus stairs, and the football stadium. The slides are from around 1965.
Includes guest lists, invitiations, program, and correspondence concerning the naming of the Science Center, lecture halls, and laboratories. Also includes correspondence from the family organizations representing Frederick Buss, Franklin West, Carl Eyring, John Widtsoe, Orson Pratt, Wayne B. Hales, and Charles E. Maw.
Thirty-six photographs of the rededication of the Carl F. Eyring Science Center in 1998. Includes shots of the audience, the performers, and the speakers at the rededication. Speakers included President Merrill J. Bateman, Elder Henry B. Eyring and President Thomas S. Monson. Also includes shots of the exterior of the building.
Contains records on the underground physics lab, including specifications, records from the architects, bidding, changes of order, contracts, inspections, lien waivers, and shop drawings. Also includes records on the chemical fume hood, exhaust system, and chilled water and air conditioning systems, 1957-1974.