Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Northwestern States Mission
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
Contains photographs, a diary and some weekly reporting books from Florence I. Christiansen's mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the Western States Mission from 1918-1920. Also contains documents pertaining to the Florence's life history and her funeral service in Moreland, Idaho in 1979. All materials from between 1918-1979.
Contains photographs, diaries, an account book, an address book and weekly reporting missionary books from Gerald N. Christiansen's mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Northwestern States Mission from 1918-1920. Also contains a few documents from various points in Gerald N. Christiansen's life dated 1909-1967.
Photocopy of James B. Heywood's journal from between 1884 and 1885. Documents his experiences as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the Northwestern States Mission. Most of his time was spent in Indiana.
Comments on her ancestors, and recalls her early life in Provo, Utah; attendance at Brigham Young University, where she majored in physical education, 1941-1945; experiences as a schoolteacher, 1945-1955, in Grantsville, Richfield, and Lehi, Utah, and in Preston, Idaho; service as a Latter-day Saint missionary in the Northwestern States Mission, laboring in Oregon and Washington, 1948-1950; and family experiences. Includes several pictures and other illustrations.
Contains the missionary journals of Elijah Thomas Jr. to the Northwestern States, LeRoy Arthur Palmer to the Southern States, and Elijah and Mary Ann Petersen Thomas to the Spanish-American Mission. Also contains transcriptions of the diaries. Materials date from 1907-2013.
Collection contains photocopies of the journal kept by John O. Swenson while serving as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the Northwestern States Mission from 1885 to 1887.
Correspondence, diaries, a play script, and a missionary tracting book. The materials relate to White's activities as a missionary for the Mormon Church in the Northwestern States Mission from 1915 to 1917. The diaries are for the years from 1915 to 1916 and for 1963. Most of the correspondence are between White and family members, but some are also with Melvin J. Ballard, a Mormon official who became an apostle in 1919.
- Collection 7
- Archival Record 2
- Missions and Missionaries 5
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 4
- Diaries 4
- Home and Family 2
- Mormon missionaries -- Diaries 2
- Mormon missionaries -- Washington (State) 2
- Social Life and Customs 2
- Account books 1
- Address books 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Biography -- 20th century 1
- Books 1
- Cardston (Alta.) 1
- Education -- Utah 1
- Family histories 1
- Funeral service -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Grantsville (Utah) 1
- Lehi (Utah) 1
- Letters 1
- Material Types 1
- Mormon Church -- Apostles 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Indiana -- Diaries 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Northwestern States -- Diaries 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Oregon 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Photographs 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States -- Diaries 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Spanish-American Mission -- Diaries 1
- Mormon women missionaries -- Diaries 1
- Mormons -- Northwestern States -- History 1
- Northwestern States -- History 1
- Photocopies 1
- Photographs 1
- Preston (Idaho) 1
- Provo (Utah) -- History 1
- Richfield (Utah) 1
- Teachers -- Utah 1
- Transcripts 1
- Tremonton (Utah) 1 ∧ less