Brigham Young University. Physical Plant Department
- Existence: 1954-
The Physical Plant Department (1954- ) functions to coordinate the building and grounds maintenance of Brigham Young University. The Physical Plant Department, previously the Department of Buildings and Grounds, was established in 1954. The Physical Plant functions under the Physical Facilities Division and is responsible for maintaining university utilities, overseeing engineering and construction, maintaining the grounds, maintaining the buildings (including custodial services), overseeing transportation services, and administering to campus projects. Directors of the department have included Leland M. Perry (1954-1957), Sam F. Brewster (1957-1974), Fred A. Schwendiman (1974), Harold J. Anderson (1979-1986), Douglas Christensen (1986-1990), and Scott Briggs (1990- ).
Citation:Brigham Young University, Dept. of Physical Plant, photo album, ca. 1962-1967: p. 11 of dedicatory program, 1962, at beginning of album (Physical Plant Department at B.Y.U.)
Brigham Young University organizational history, via WWW, Jan. 24, 2012 (Physical Plant Dept.; est. 1954; previously known as the Department of Buildings and Grounds; responsible for maintaining university utilities, engineering, grounds keeping, construction, maintenance, custodial, transportation; directors included Leland M. Perry (1954-1957), Sam F. Brewster (1957-1974), Fred A. Schwendiman (1974), Harold J. Anderson (1979-1986), Douglas Christensen (1986-1990), and Scott Briggs (1990- ))
Found in 111 Collections and/or Records:
Contains program requirements for the Harman Continuing Education Building, 1979.
Contains records from the Central Heating Plant, including program requirements for an addition, bidding records, job instructions, inspections, liability and insurance records, modifications, extension of utilities records, steam generator records, and payment records, 1962-1973.
Contains program requirements, memoranda, reports, budgets, and contracts between the parties responsible for the construction of the Dairy Products Lab, including Lorenzo S. Young and Partners and Tolboe Construction Company, 1950-1973.
Contains specifications, bidding, budgets, change of orders, insurance and bonds records, job instructions, inspection records, lien waivers, progress estimators, and utilities records, 1968-1974.
Contains remodeling and addition program requirements, including specifications for an air conditioning system, 1954-1974.
Contains a contract between Brigham Young University and Clayburn Construction Company for the construction of a two-story Inland Ryerson Metal Building at Brigham Young University, 1969.
Contains program requirements, a committee report on the commons building, Brigham Young University photo studio services and prices, and remodeling records, 1952-1979.
Contains specifications, addendums, bidding, change orders, building schedules, contracts, inspection records, insurance records, job instructions, keying schedule, lien waivers, mail room records, and payment and budget records related to the Faculty Office Building. Also contains records from those involved in the construction of the building, including Interstate Pipe and Weld, Iverson Construction, and Young and Fowler Association. Materials date from between 1967 and 1974.
Contains program requirements, specifications, remodeling and addition records, and the keying schedule and contracts for the unfinished area. Also includes records from those responsible for the construction of the Harris Fine Arts Center, including Paul S. Veneklasen and Associates, Ford Foundation, William Pereira, Alfred Brown Company, Lewis E. Sandstrom, Jr., and Layton Construction, 1955-1974.
Contains program requirements and records on additional seating, remodeling, roof ventilation and equipment, ticket office, construction and engineering, track resurfacing, and letters and maps, 1950-1974.
- Archival Object 94
- Collection 16
- Digital Record 1
- College buildings -- Utah -- Provo 62
- Facility management -- Utah -- Provo 62
- Specifications 44
- Letters 36
- Memorandums 33
- Colleges and Universities 24
- Education 24
- Photographs 23
- Contracts 20
- College campuses -- Utah -- Provo 18
- Reports 15
- Campus planning -- Utah -- Provo 13
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 11
- Awards 9
- Plaques, plaquettes 9
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 9
- Universities and colleges -- Security measures -- Utah -- Provo 9
- Blueprints 8
- Provo (Utah) 8
- Budgets 7
- Maps 7
- Financial records 5
- Minutes (Records) 5
- Negatives 5
- Photograph albums 5
- Slides (Photography) 5
- Mormon temples 4
- Proposals 4
- Schedules (Time plans) 4
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- Provo -- Safety measures 4
- Architectural drawings 3
- Annual reports 2
- College buildings -- Utah -- Provo -- Design and construction 2
- College buildings -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 2
- Dormitories -- Utah -- Provo 2
- Drawings 2
- Files (Records) 2
- Heating -- Utah -- Provo 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Aerial photographs 1
- Agreements 1
- Architecture 1
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Provo (Utah) 1
- Business records 1
- Carillons -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Checks 1
- City planning -- Utah -- Provo 1
- College buildings -- Utah -- Provo -- Design and construction -- Photographs 1
- College campuses -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Dedication services -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Facility management 1
- Inventories 1
- Landscape architecture 1
- Latter Day Saint men -- Biography 1
- Latter Day Saint temples 1
- Legal instruments 1
- Lists 1
- Maintenance 1
- Phillips Lane (Provo, Utah) 1
- Photocopies 1
- Publications 1
- Relief models 1
- Stadiums -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Student housing -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Tunnels -- Design and construction 1
- Universities and colleges -- Security measures 1
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- Provo -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- Provo -- Faculty 1
- Wrecking -- Utah -- Provo 1 + ∧ less