Skip to main content

Harold B. Lee Library

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1973-

Administrative History

The Harold B. Lee Library (1973- ) is the library on the campus of Brigham Young University, and is responsible for providing students and the community with valuable resources for research, media projects, and personal use.

The Harold B. Lee Library was aligned with Media Services under the Assistant Academic Vice President of Brigham Young University in 1973. In that same year, the J. Reuben Clark, Jr., Library was renamed the Harold B. Lee Library. Internally, the Harold B. Lee Library is managed by the library director, who is aided by an associate university librarian and assistant university librarians, who oversee divisions of the library. Directors have included Donald K. Nelson (1973-1980), Sterling J. Albrecht (1980-2002), Randy J. Olsen (2002-2009), Julene Butler (2010-2012), Scott Duvall (interim, 2012-2013), Jennifer Paustenbaugh (2013-2019), and Brian Rennick (interim, 2019- ). The library building was expanded in 1976 and 2000 and continues to provide students and faculty access to scholarly materials.

Citation

Its Mormon manuscripts to 1846, 1977

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, via WWW, Apr. 13, 2009 (BYU Library)

Brigham Young University campus map, via WWW, Apr. 13, 2009 (Harold B. Lee Library; Lee Library; HBLL; originally named the J. Reuben Clark Library, but library name was changed)

Harold B. Lee Library, via WWW, Apr. 13, 2009 (library renamed in 1973)

BYU Organizationational History Project website, viewed on Dec. 2, 2011 (Harold B. Lee Library; university library at Brigham Young University; previously known as J. Reuben Clark, Jr., Library, renamed 1973; library directors: Donald K. Nelson, 1973-1980; Sterling J. Albrecht, 1980-2002; Randy J. Olsen, 2002-2009; Julene Butler, 2010- )

BYU Organizational History Project website, via WWW, Oct. 31, 2014 (Julene Butler, 2010-2012; Scott Duvall (interim), 2012-2013; Jennifer Paustenbaugh, 2013- )

E-mail from Jennifer Paustenbaugh, Nov. 22, 2019 (resigning from position, effective immediately)

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Collection of office technology

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 3354
Abstract Objects used to create manuscripts. Collection organized by technology organization, not chronologically.
Dates: approximately 1940-1990

Light Projector, ca. 1940 - 1960

 Series
Identifier: MSS 3354 Series 2
Scope and Contents note This series contains American Optical "Reviewer 500" Dilineascope slide projector, maroon/grey. Serial # 72221. Stored in wooden carrying case with maroon covering. Product details: 115 volts, 600 VC Max. Lamp Wattage 500. Made by American Optical Company, Instrument Division, Buffalo 15, New York, USA.
Dates: Other: ca. 1940 - 1960